PVC decks are becoming increasingly popular, but they’re not without their pros and cons. Here’s the advantages and disadvantages of PVC decks so you can decide if they’re right for you.
- PVC decks are low maintenance. Unlike wood decks requiring regular staining and sealing, PVC decks need cleaning with soap and water.
- PVC decks are durable. They can withstand a lot of elements, and will not rot or mildew like other types of decking material. PVC decks are also low maintenance. You won’t need to worry about sanding or staining them every year like you would with wood decks.
- PVC decks are easy to install. The material is extremely lightweight and easy to work with, so even novice do-it-yourselfers can handle the job.
- PVC decks are affordable. They’re typically cheaper than wood decks, making them an excellent option for budget-conscious homeowners.
- PVC decks can be slippery when wet. If safety is a concern, you may want to choose another material.
- PVC decks can fade over time. The bright colors of some PVC decking can fade in the sun, so if you’re looking for a long-lasting finish, you may want to consider another material.
- PVC decks may not be as eco-friendly as you’d like. While PVC is recyclable, it’s not biodegradable, so it will sit in a landfill for years after you’re done with it.
Now that you understand the good and bad of PVC decks, you can decide wisely about whether or not they’re suitable for you.
Consult Deck Installation Experts in Midlothian, VA, and The Surrounding Areas
Childress Construction LLC. is a locally operated business specializing in home improvement projects, including decks, patios, sunrooms, screen rooms, pergolas, porches, kitchens, baths, and more.
We proudly serve Midlothian, VA, and the surrounding areas. Contact us today for a free consultation!